I am so full of joy and gratitude right now. For no reason in particular really, I just feel so damn good. I want to scream it from the mountain tops! I was trying to think of a way to express it before, when the above saying came to mind. My cup is truly running over and I am so very thankful. I’ve written many times about self-care on this and my other blog and the concept of filling your own cup is an important one as we all know. I share some suggestions on simple self-care strategies in the post I have linked to above.
I am usually a fairly upbeat person and I always do my best to see the positive in most things. This blog is my outlet for sharing the ups, downs and random moments from my life, and as people who read my posts regularly would have seen many times, I am no longer afraid to share the downs very openly and with great vulnerability. It took a long time for me to get there but gee it feels great!
Right now, due to the fact that I’ve been making some awesome positive changes in my life and being in my beloved Bali, I’m engaging in what I can only call extreme self-care. As a result I am feeling pretty bloody incredible. Yes I am on holidays and granted it is much easier when away from home, but self-care is an important commitment to make to ourselves and I plan to continue and maybe even ramp it up a little when I get home.
So, what can you do today to fill your cup so that it too runs over? Here are a few suggestions to get you going.
- Take a walk in nature.
- Sink your toes into green grass or soft sand.
- Sit in the sun and soak up its healing rays.
- Listen to some beautiful heart filled music.
- Take out a beautiful journal and write what’s in your heart.
- Make yourself a nutritious life-giving meal.
- Make a cup of tea and sit and drink it sip by sip, savouring every drop.
- Read a book.
- Get a massage or some form of body work. I don’t ever think of this as indulgence or pampering, rather I consider it to be maintenance.
- Consider and even better, write down what you are grateful for today.
- Say no to something you really don’t want to do or commit to.
- Sit and just be.
- Cut or buy some flowers and display them where you will see them all the time.
- Write yourself a love note. You are amazing after all.
As for me, I am going to head off for a long walk, some lunch with a friend, perhaps a facial or similar, followed by yoga with another friend and an evening with more friends.
Life is great, it’s yours for the taking, whoever and wherever you are.
You don’t need to be on holidays to fill your cup, but you do need to take a moment to make it happen, as only you can do it.
Much love from me to you from my beloved Bali.